Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

For the most part, Thanksgiving was a good day.  There were 2  people who were missed very much.  My Momma & Daddy. Although this was not our 1st Thanksgiving with out Daddy, he is still missed very much.  I honestly don't think there will EVER be a holiday that they aren't thought of more and missed more.  This is my 1st holdiays with out my Momma, and boy do I miss her.  It was weird to be cooking in the kitchen with my daughter in laws, it use to always be me & Momma.  I have to say that I'm happy that I'm learning to allow others to help me, and that I don't have to have it all a certain way.  I'm growing with my loss.  I had all my sons, dils & grandchildren here, and that is what kept me going all day.  Now that's not to say I didn't dissapear for a few to shed the tears that I had, I wanted to stay strong for my children, grandchildren - I did that for the most part.  Young grandchildren bring such love, I didn't get the cinnamon ornaments made with them on Friday, as Tom, Brenda & Zellie had to leave early.  I did get pictures of my grandchildren though, and that was more important to me.  I have 3 grandchildren here that I can make those with before Christmas gets here, I am going to try and do their hand prints also... and Frannie & I are going to make a trip down to Tom & Brenda's to make them with Zellie.   I didn't take alot of pictures on Thanksgiving day, I was more trying to spend time with all the kids and sometimes when I try to visit, I get to visiting and forget to take the pictures.  I also have 2 dil's that HATE their picture taken, and I respected that this time around.  But I have told them I need a picture of them as a family for my yearly updated picture -lol....  I too hate to have my picture taken, that's why I'm the one who has the camera in my hands most of the time :)
                                                         Our table [main table area]
                                       the pine cone turkeys Keira & Eidan made for our table

 


Keira & Eidan coloring at the end of the table