Sunday, November 8, 2009

Weight loss

Bruce & I went to Outback tonight for dinner, the last time I had been there was with my Momma a long time back... anyways, we sat at a table, cuz the booth was to small, I got in there, but there was no room for moving - thank God they weren't busy I would have had to leave from being embarrassed . Well tonight we were seated at a both - my anxiety became very high until I sat down - OMG - I have room between the table and me !!!!!!!!!!! I know that it wasn’t a big deal to my husband, and probably not to a lot of people. I have been overweight for such a long time. I’m down to a weight that is a little bit smaller than when I got pregnant with my son Gary, who is now 23 . Seeing that I fit in the booth with room to spare was very important and exciting to me. It helps me to keep wanting to go on and lose more weight. I’m not looking to become skinny, or to wear a bikini - what I’m looking for is proper weight, so that I can enjoy my grandchildren, run after them, play at the park with them…….   In a way I got my feelings hurt cuz Bruce didn't really acknowldge something that made me happy - I'm looking forward to showing my kids the new me :)

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Dawn just remember you are doing this for yourself! Not for Bruce or anyone else. It is sad that he didn't acknowledge something so important to you. Tell him that I said "Somebody else will notice if he doesn't!"

I am very, very proud of you! Your new clothes won't fit you much longer at the rate you are going. Maggie and I are starting our weight loss journey in January. I know we could now but the holidays are upon us.

Love ya girl!